As a loyal player of Path of Exile, I have been playing Path Of Exile for some time. Did you often encounter the problem of how to make the skills [choose your skills] work, so I decided to write a quick "guide" on how to configure.
Before the Start
- Make left mousebutton move only (feet icon).
- Doesn't handle channeling skills well. Try to avoid selfcast them.
- No way to detect vaal skills are charged or not. There are ways to get them working, but not reliable for main attack (like vaal spark or vaal fireball).
- Not great with temporary things, like zombies, spectres, ...
- Check if it's conditions are met and trigger it if they are. If not, it goes to lower priority.
That being said, lets start:
1) Stop thinking about a build, the bot has no concept about a skill, only about conditions to put the mouse and press a button. This would mean, the bot handles things like LA and SRS in the same way: point at minion and use skill.
2) In the skill setup, start ticking all your permanent aura skills (cast once, like hatred, not like blood rage) as aura, set your golem as the golem type he is, and set your movement skill (if you have one) as movement skill.
3) Set the priority of your main attack to a low priority/low number (like 1). Make sure the max distance is big enough, but not too big. This skill will be used when the other skill conditions are not met.
4) Think about your remaining skills, and set their conditions, making sure the most important skills have the highest priority, with cooldown when needed.
Example: Warchief totem on magic/rare/elite only: Prio 9, cooldown 5000 (5sec, set in miliseconds), target Magic. Don't forget max distance!. Also check min monster required range, since it's the boss killer, make it 1.
Example: Summon zombies/spectre: Prio 8, cooldown 5000, target corpses.
As you can see, apart from the target, totem, zombies and spectre are the same setup: the bot has no concept about what he is doing.
Example: blood rage: Since this is a temporary buff, use the "always recast buff" option. Set min and max distance to 0, and give it priority 1.
If this would not work for whatever reason (for example, with a very high ping I have seen it not being detected and casted over and over), you can put some logic behind it: prio 10 (highest number will be used first). Add a cooldown: 5000. Make max distance really big, like 2000, so it will always trigger. Min monster in range to 1, just to be sure. Since it refreshes on kill and give a frenzy charge on kill, only needed when max frenzy=0
Again, the bot has no clue about the skill. But: no frenzy, at least 1 mob on map, and 5seconds passed since last check? Use the skill. Warcries, curses and vaal skill can be set in the same way, just think under what conditions you would manually use that button, and fill in what's needed..
Go over every skill again, think about how you would play manually, and make sure they are all setup like that. You might have to select "use shift" or "maintain pressed key/mouse" to simulate what you would do.
The bot has build-in support for life, mana and quicksilver flasks. Other flasks will not work by default. However, just add a skill, assign your flask to the key, and set it up as a normal skill, using the logic from before.
Most common mistakes(in case something does not work):
- Check your skill is set as the correct type. Aura and only aura has to be set as aura, golem and only golem has to be set as golem, ...
- Check your max distance. It is calculated from the monster center, having max too low will make the bot run into them, but never hitting the needed range, not using skill.
- Check your min monsters in range. Uniques are generally alone, having this number higher than 1 would not trigger the skill...
- Make sure you have set cooldowns where needed. You don't want the bot to keep casting a totem, or a warcry, since it will never use the main attack.
What if it still does not work?
You most likely have an error in your skill setup.
- Remove all skills you have setup.
- Add a new skill. Set the button for your main attack, and set it up. Test it.
- Add more skills to test if it still works. Once it stops working, you know what to check. Keep repeating until all skills are setup.
I hope this tutorial can help you, more information about path of exile guide, you can click here